Longterm issues with 27" LED Display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sehnsucht77, Nov 29, 2012.

1. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

I currently have the Mac 24" LED display (mini display port) and am contemplating getting the 27" Thunderbolt.

My question: the 24" had issues of grey smudging that developed over time and mine has a bit of it in some spots of the monitor. What issues do the 27" LED display have? Does it also have the grey smudging?

I appreciate your feedback, y'all.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I have been using my TB display probably four or five hours a day since March, and am not having this issue. I have not noticed any reports on this in the forums either.

3. Basic75 macrumors regular

It would be interesting to know whether Apple wants to update the stand-alone Display to use the same glare-reducing assembly as used in the new iMacs ... or rather, when they will do that.

4. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Likely they need all screen production for iMacs for a few months. Don't expect an updated ATD until mid 2013.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Haven't heard any widespread issues but definitely would not buy the Apple display now. It's at the end of its product cycle and due to be replaced next year w/ USB 3 ports and probably in a slimmer case among other improvements. Check out the Dell UltraSharp if you need good a monitor ASAP.