Longtime Lurker, First Time Poster

MysticCow

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 27, 2013
And I thank you for all of the information I keep getting on PowerPC. You've kept my two old iMac G3's, one G4 Digital Audio, and one dual 1.8 GHz G5 kicking.

Imixmuan

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2010
Welkommen

....and, what do you use your PPC macs for in 2013?

....and, around these parts we love pics, so if you can, post pics of your setup(s). There is nothing quite as hot as a dual G5 1.8 ghz (literally).

MysticCow

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 27, 2013
....and, what do you use your PPC macs for in 2013?

....and, around these parts we love pics, so if you can, post pics of your setup(s). There is nothing quite as hot as a dual G5 1.8 ghz (literally).
My G4 and one of the iMac G3's are used at work. They have my rosters for attendance and my iTunes library there. The G5, aside from being my winter heater, is used mainly at home when I want to do some old games or do some work in Word.

tigerintank

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2013
Hi, Also new here!

Use my iMac G5 in a limited way right now, due to a leg injury.

Use it just to play music/music video via a usb DAC and into a stereo amp/speakers. Sounds great :)

Hope to get back to using it more later. Just using my macbook for everything else right now.

jbarley

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Hi, Also new here!

Use it just to play music/music video via a usb DAC and into a stereo amp/speakers. Sounds great :)

Hope to get back to using it more later. Just using my macbook for everything else right now.
Welcome to the forum, read, contribute, enjoy and get well...

Wildy

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
Hi, Also new here!

Which DAC are you using? I'm in the market for one at the moment...

tigerintank

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2013
i'm using an audiolab mdac.

Has useful functionality in that it has a remote that controls the basic VLC functions - play/pause, skip fwd/back and the DAC itself has a digital volume control.