Look at how great Vista is!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PowerFullMac, Mar 8, 2008.

1. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Just ot make this clear, please dont swirl this thread in to a "OS war", I have just been using Vista and found a few things funny that I want to share.

The first one, notice im looking in the "cursers" foler, where all the arrows are stored, and look at the previews its showing :rolleyes:

If you look at the second one, it says that its sending extra "important information" to help Microsoft fix it, but it just says "Not Working"... I think they already know that! Also look at how the icon is the computer with the error icon with a green tick, like its gone, OK one crash done, 5 more to go for today :D

Attached Files:

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Vista is definitely a strange one. The only cure for it is an immediate downgrade to a slightly-less-crappy-but-still-crappy-in-a-general-sense-of-the-word version of Windows, like XP.

3. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

HEH what a small but very annoying bug!?
    Things like this reassure me why I only installed XP onto a small partition and then I only use office for work :D

4. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Windows Vists is a lot like Windows XP, only with more features to hunt down and disable.
    Windows XP is a lot like Windows 98, only with more features to hunt down and disable.
    Windows 98 is a lot like Windows 95, only with more features to hunt down and disable.

Creeping Featurism

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Wow

If you think thats bad you haven't tried networking vista. Omg its a nightmare. XP w/ service pack 2 was no problem but vista doesn't like to find routers, doesn't like to find networked printers (yes network discovery and sharing is turned on) and best yet, install norton or macafee on it and watch your wifi card stop working? So odd.....

There are a few nice features in vista but its mostly gloss. Startup time is slow, frequent crashes and slow transfer rates. Come on Microsoft, for those of us who still must use you make a decent os...

I want a mac so bad :'(

6. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

"Underneath it all...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ...it's still the same Windows."

- Steve Jobs

7. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

No problems with networking here... I have Vista Networking Joy. So much better than the joke that is OS X. To the OP - you know Kaspersky still has some problems with Vista, don't you? Try AVG.

You know, much of the posts about Vista amuse me - basically people are posting saying "Look! Look how incapable I am of solving or isolating the cause of the simplest issue because I was a cheapskate!"

8. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Couldn't have said it better myself!

9. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

The best part is that it "stopped working," no further explanation. :rolleyes:

10. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

Betrand Serlet ;)

11. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

I think the Apple logo could learn something from the new Vista logo....

12. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

heh?

13. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

It may have had some type of update from when it first came out for networking because our whole IT dept had troubles with them networking and not seeing things on the network. Network printers for example HAD to be installed as local printers even though they were attached to a print server, goofy things like that. The norton/macafee causing the wifi to stop working was the worst though.