Look at my screen wtff do i do??? penryn mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DJJONES, Apr 7, 2008.

1. DJJONES macrumors 6502

just bought this not to long ago guys!!! now look at my screen!!!!!
    what to do take it to apple store. will they replace it??? omg damn!:mad:

i have smc fan control and onyx should i uninstall those before i take it to them?
    i have to back up my stuff right?

Attached Files:

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Yes, take it to Apple, they will tell you whether they'll repair or replace it. If you tell them you're a designer on an important job they'll be more willing to replace it (certainly helped when I told them I'm a student who can't go 10 days without my Macbook).

3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Backup, and take it to them. That's pretty ridiculous for a new MBP.

4. atluten macrumors 6502

Definitely take that back so it can be fixed or replaced. That's pretty crazy, it looks like those streaming fountains you see in Las Vegas.

5. DJJONES thread starter macrumors 6502

ok wtff i left went to the gym and came back read the forums just to see what you guys were gonng say and now the screen is normal!!!
    WTF?????? what should i do now???? leave it be? and chillax?
    another question if this happens again and i take it to apple and they replace it for fix it. what happens to my normal warranty? i lose it?

6. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

you could go to the Apple store and show them the picture you posted but the bet would be to go there when it's actually happening, by the way, why would you loose your warranty if Apple fix your laptop??

7. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

You should defiantly try to get it replaced. I have a feeling this problem will come back.

8. DJJONES thread starter macrumors 6502

no im just asking weather or not they would cancel my warranty if they swap it out. just wondering.

Anyone know if i should unitall smc fan control and onyx before they blame the problem on the damn apps?

9. esvee macrumors member

Its a common problem with the new macbook pros. Close the lid and let the display turn off, then open it again, and the problem should go away.

If it happens very frequently, take it to apple. If not (its happened to me twice in the last 2 months) then dont worry about it too much.

They won't blame the problem on applications, they know the problem exists, there are several threads about it.

10. DJJONES thread starter macrumors 6502

WHY THE hell cant i not backup my stuff to my external it keeps saying lacie hd not modfiable.
    wtffffff

11. DJJONES thread starter macrumors 6502

ok so the screen returned to normal fine state so im not taking it anywhere.
    but if this happens AGAIN im runing to the store.

anyone know why my mac dosent allow me to copy things to my lacie hd?
    says that the disk cant be modified? something along the line. very annoying.

12. Steinberg macrumors newbie

13. DJJONES thread starter macrumors 6502

i dont kno how do i figure that out?
    im new the mac but i also use my external with my pc

14. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Format it as HFS+ in Disk Utility (this will delete anything on it already).

Edit: Wait, if your using it with a PC as well then FAT32.

15. DJJONES thread starter macrumors 6502

will this allow me to add anything from my mac to the external and will it delete my data????

16. skorpien macrumors 68020

Yes, it will delete your data. It's a format. The computer warns you before you format your HDD. HFS+ is the file system Mac uses so you won't be able to use it with your PC (without help). FAT32 works on both, but I think there's a 32 Gig limit (although I had an 80 Gig external formatted FAT32 and over 1/3 full... started making weird clicking sounds after a while tho until I reformatted it NTFS). There are programs out there that allow a PC to read/write to an HFS+ drive, as well as Macs to an NTFS drive (which is probably what your drive's formatted as). This would be the best option if you don't want to delete the stuff already on your external.

17. DJJONES thread starter macrumors 6502

aww man that sucks i wish i knew. but i can copy files from my external to my mac. but not from mac to my external.

damn!!!! no back up i guess. i cant lose this data its my beats and samples mixes and music i dj with o boy. this angers me i didnt know:mad:

18. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

19. skorpien macrumors 68020

That's because Macs can read NTFS drives but not write to them. You can browse files and copy them to your Mac's HDD, but as soon as you try to modify them in any way, you'll get that error message you were getting. Paragon NTFS, MacFUSE and NTFS-3G are a few programs that will allow your Mac to write to an NTFS drive, so that will allow you to use it as a backup without getting rid of your beats and sample mixes.

20. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

It's a pretty well-known fact that no OSes besides Windows can write to NTFS. Microsoft has never (and likely will never) release the specs for it. Apparently there are some 3rd party drivers based on MacFUSE that will let you, but I don't tend to trust 3rd party filesystem drivers.

21. DJJONES thread starter macrumors 6502

well i guess a timecapsule would solve my problem!!!???? right. are those good as far as wireless spedd goes anyone know?

what about range? my netgear kinda loses connectons sometiesm wen i up upstairs and its in my basment plus its like 2 years old.

22. DJJONES thread starter macrumors 6502

so far i havent been able to duplicate the problem no matter if i restart shutdown. i also didnt go to the apple store cuz im sure thye wouldnt do anything about it and gas is just too much these days to travel 15 min away from my home. yes i know. but next time im running to the apple store because its not that i dont want the leds like this but if all the leds crap out i will have a gigantic fit because i need my mbp to run serato when i dj and no one will be happy if i crap out in front of 200 people they dont like it

they might murder me:(:(:(

23. jamie329 macrumors member

That happened to me once as well. A restart fixed it, and so far it hasn't come back.

24. DJJONES thread starter macrumors 6502

so i took my laptop to apple anyways and the genius there told me they would replace the screen. but it would take 3-5 days or they might have to ship it to service center. so i told him that i cant do it this week i need my mbp to dj with. then he said that well they will have setup a ticket to bring it in whenever i get around to it. so i said ok.
    i also asked bout the hd question and he kept going on and on about time capsule im like NO i have a external hd and he told me the same thing i have to format it.
    overall the expiece was good.
    i hate the fact that they seem to cut you off a bit when your speaking to them or just dont let you talk much.
    yeah there genius but i think they let that get to there ego or something.
    anyways when i get around to it i will bring it to another genius if i get time.
    i guess that wraps up the story for my screen.
    FOR NOW ATLEAST:confused:

25. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

Specifically it is called NTFS-3g. I've had no problems with it...though it is slightly slower in transfer speeds.

It can be found in a nice installer package here: http://macntfs-3g.blogspot.com/