Apps Look at Past Runs on Apple Watch? - 3rd Party App?

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Does anyone know of a 3rd party app that’ll let me view my run data on the Apple Watch (runs completed with the built-in Workouts app)?

Currently I need to grab my iPhone to do this. Is this something a 3rd party app can help with on the watch?

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
There are several websites and services that allow you to view your runs on the web. I use SmashRun.com and Garmin Connect. Both have free account options and more features if you pay (or buy Garmin products).

That's step one. Pick a service/website and set up an account.

Step two is getting the data off of your iPhone. I use RunGap (free app, but paying $2 every 3 months gives you more export options), but HealthFit also works (one time $4 fee). Using one of these apps will allow you to export your run from the stock Activity app to an outside service.

Viola!

EDIT - Sorry. I misunderstood your question. There are no apps that I know of that allow you to view your runs on the AW. Even 3rd party running apps show very little past run history on the AW. Most just show a recent history of time/distance that summarizes. Very little detail.

Last edited:

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Gotcha thanks - I am familiar with RunGap and have used it to migrate from RunKeeper to other services - the problem I’m looking to solve is I hit save from the Workout app and then I want to view those splits on my watch before returning to my iPhone - is that something that currently can’t be done? All of the integrations like that are on the phone only? I’m sure a 3rd party workout app on the watch would do this if I did switch away from the built in app that I like quite a bit outside of that.

dallison13

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
The current version of the Workoutdoors app allows you to view splits, a map , and other data before you hit done. @cfc is the developer. Its an amazing app.

Reactions: cfc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.