Look at what the IRS wants to know!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by skoker, May 16, 2007.

1. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

This is horrible!

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p17/ch12.html

There's a few other gems in there as well...

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

The IRS doesn't care how you make your money, so long as they get a piece of it.

I know that in a few states people are technically required to buy marijuana tax stamps from the state government, I wonder how that one goes over....

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

What's so horrible about it?

It's a way for the government to press additional charges against you if you get caught. Tax evasion charges have long been a staple of the feds' strategy in bringing down criminals.

4. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

I.E. for Capone.

5. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I'd always heard about those rules, but I didn't realize they were spelled out so clearly :)

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

if they fill it out... they should be caught. :D

7. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

completely off topic but a funny story about the german IRS screwing up:

a lady in munich who runs a news stand and sells newspapers got a bill for the IRS to pay 2.1 billion euros in taxes by the end of the quarter. of course she had a small problem with coming up with 2.1 billion in the short time. so she called the irs and told them there's a mistake. the irs didn't react and wanted her to pay the 2.1 billion (yes that's close to 3 billion dollar).

so she had her tax lawyer write to the irs and they finally reduced to tax to 108 euros.

but in germany tax lawers fees are regulated by law and based on the amount of tax to pay. so now she owes the tax lawer 2.5 million euros.

since a news stand doesn't make that amount of money she can't pay it. so she has to sue the IRS for damages or go into bankruptcy. the trial is this wednesday.

and all that for 108 euro tax.:rolleyes: