Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IllTakeAnApple

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
San Antonio, Tx
so i go to craigs list and have found a Powerbook G4 15 inch 1.5 ghz with superdrive 1 gig of ram installed by apple. it comes with word for students, apple works, life 05, tiger, and keynote.

I looked over all the pictures and it seems that there are two scratches on the bottom right side. The only dents present are on the battery. which could be easily replaced. im 75 dollars short but will have the money next week. I might be really lucky if i could get this as my first mac since i was debating a imac or a loaded ibook or 12 inch powerbook that would be able to be purchased in late sept.

So do you think this is a good deal?

http://austin.craigslist.org/sys/90482956.html

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
CanadaRAM said:
Simple: The most desirable merchandise makes the gear lust boil up and short circuit the common sense circuits. The scammers know this of course...

Or, in "Street": Yo, stuff that's hot plays you, makes you wanna get some. Word up to the tricksters.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
it also goes to show how well the powerbooks hold value. That seems like a lot of money to me for something used.

tuartboy

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
njmac said:
it also goes to show how well the powerbooks hold value. That seems like a lot of money to me for something used.
I'm a fan of their value-holding aspects. Proves to me how good of an investment it is and eases my conscience about selling this off to get a Rev B X86powerbookintel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.