Look what I found...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snverhallen, Jul 28, 2008.

1. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted yet but while I was looking at some iPhone pics on Google I found these pictures from a blog (http://blog.tafkas.net/) posted on Sept. 19 2007. Their apparently from a German newspaper ad.

snverhallen

Attached Files:

2. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I think that's just a casemod or something, the headphone jack looks recessed and the back doesn't look rounded off..

Granted I didn't blow the images up, just observations on my part without enhancing the photos..

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Wait, I'm not sure I understand the significance of this. Looks like a first gen iphone, posted in September last year. And...?

If it's because it was in Germany, not sure what the fuss is about there eith. I'm sure that plenty of Germans were walking around with unlocked iPhones in Germany last September.

4. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I think the OP is trying to imply that it's a 16GB white 3g version back from Sept. of 07'.. which I really don't think it is, looks like a casemod or something on a 1st gen. iPhone to me..

5. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

I think the back is just appearing white because of the lighting in the photo. It looks like it still has the recessed headphone jack and the back isn't curved at all.

6. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I agree. That definitely looks aluminum to me. Probably got a bit washed out by the lighting and the photographer didn't do anything to correct it (seeing as that wasn't the focus of the ad).

7. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Yep looks to be just a plain old first-gen iPhone to me. Its just the lighting that makes it look kinda white.

8. philgilder macrumors 68000

thats not the lighting, i doubt it would make the entire case look white, and not affect the chrome at all
    its probably a colorware

9. MXChristian11 macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

Comeon guys....thought you were all smarter than that. Did any one notice the black silence on/off switch and volume control? Instead of all this "I think" you have an I know now.

10. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

That is definitely the lighting or photoshopped to reduce the glare. That is a silver backed iPhone (because it has black buttons, not metallic), plus it has a recessed jack.

At least this isn't like half the time you see the iPhone on US Television, where they put the antenna's black bar on top, or they act like they are talking to people, put are not in the phone app, as the screen is still on.

TEG

11. philgilder macrumors 68000

you dont think its one of these

12. snverhallen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm, to me it looks like the new iPhone 3G with the new chromed volume buttons and vibrate switch, but I guess you guys are right... it's just the light.

snverhallen

13. philgilder macrumors 68000

the headphone jack is clearly recessed, and the silent/ringer switch is the same colour as the plastic behind it. on the 3g, theyd be different colours
    the back is also definitely flat

14. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Hey good find! Wow!

Here's another. This is a prototype of the original phone, from 2005.

Attached Files:

15. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I agree.

16. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Where can I find one of those? Given my propoensity to drop things, it sure would be useful. :p

17. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Nope. I've taken enough pictures of people holding iPhones (for various purposes) to know when the light has been adjusted to prevent a lens flare.

TEG

18. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

It just looks like somebody made a mod of a case for the 1st generation, nothing more than that.

19. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

That is obviously photoshopped. The original prototype was alot more plushier. Geeze! :D

20. FJR macrumors regular

looks like a perfectly normal, no case mod even, 2g iPhone to me.

21. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

headphone jack looks recessed...its first gen

22. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yeah, I saw this thread when it was new and didn't even comment because I couldn't figure out what the point was. It's just a plain 2G iPhone.