Look what the new Preview can do!

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by macfreek57, Nov 19, 2007.

1. macfreek57 macrumors 6502

I made this with the new Preview in about 35 minutes. I have very little prior Photoshop experience. I definitely couldn't figure out how to do this in Photoshop in 35 minutes. I know it's not that exciting of an image (sorry, I'm getting Mario Galaxy for Christmas), but I figured it is a pretty good testament to Leopard's improvements to the Preview app and the nonchalance with which they introduce powerful yet easy-to-use features.

[​IMG]

2. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

I love the picture! So what is new about Preview? Can you combine multiple pictures? (I haven't upgraded yet.)

3. macfreek57 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, there are basic (but pretty well implemented) image extraction tools. The image of mario and the "Super Mario Galaxy" title were both in different images against relatively busy backgrounds. I used the new extraction tools to create new images with alpha layers. I then Copy and Pasted the two new images onto the Aurora image.
    Oh, I guess this is not that impressive without mentioning that. Here are the source images:

Mario
    Title

4. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

wow thats pretty cool, I never knew Preview was good for anything at all especially now we have quicklook!

5. bluetooth macrumors 6502a

bluetooth

pretty cool feature. I should look into upgrading a little sooner.