Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ifun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
Hi All,

I just got my gf an iphone for her bday n lookin for a case. Any ideas of what i should get for reasonnable $.

gokart mozart

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
either violet or red @ $60 range.

What're her tastes? Would she like something simple or something that grabs attention? How important is protection to her? There's a difference between scratch protection and impact absorption.

My mom uses a Switcheasy Glitz, one of my sisters uses a Switcheasy Trim (I would recommend this or the Glitz pending her tastes), my other sister uses a CapsuleRebel, and my gf likes her iPhone naked. One of my friends uses an Otterbox Commuter and my sister's bff uses a Defender, and neither of those are exactly "girly" looking cases. Tastes are subjective and theres no one true "gf/wifey" case.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I prefer not to hide my iphone 4's sleek looks.

I use a devilphone back skin and a rocketfish frame bumper.

At the moment I dont use a front shield as I'm not keen on the difference in feel on the screen.

Stay clear of Zagg. They are notoriously hard to fit and give an orange peel look. Thats my own experience. On balance some users have reported no issues in fitting and like the orange peel look.

Hope your girlfriend enjoys this awesome phone.

Mic-Yo

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2011
Mine

I purchased 2
Flying Butterflies Cream Plastic Back Case $ 18.73
And Angry Birds Case $ 3.07
:D FREE shipping.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    56 KB · Views: 337
  • 2.png
    2.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 344

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
A pink or purple Otterbox would be nice. :)

apl4-i4xxx-44-3.jpg

apl4-i4xxx-b7-3.jpg

Hell, the purple one is actually really sick. I'm a dude and I'm considering getting it. :D

skittles90623

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2011
If you're willing to spend about $20 more, you could buy one of these beautiful Vaja cases... Really beautiful, great reviews. the downside is, although there are some designs ready to ship out, some of the other designs take about 20 days to make :/ But if i didn't mention it already, they are beautiful beautiful cases, and certain worth the wait (except for the first case displayed on the bottom). OOOOOogly :)

http://vajacases.com/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.