Looking 4 App Similar to "LockInfo" (w/o Activator)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HickDead, Apr 12, 2012.

1. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Was really looking forward to installing LockInfo and giving it a test drive until I realized that it is dependent on "Activator" also being installed - so I passed.

Now I'm looking for an app similar to LockInfo (notification style display of missed calls, texts, new emails on the lock screen) in STANDALONE form (not requiring Activator).

Any such app/tweak exits?

4S, 5.01

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

InteliscreenX

But why no activator? no problems here.

3. HickDead thread starter macrumors 6502a

HickDead

^^^ Battery drain issues make me weary of ISX (which is also why I'm trying to avoid "Activator" - heard it drains battery faster as well).

Any other suggestions?

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

That's the only thing that comes close.

Activator doesn't drain my battery, 4S has battery drain anyway, IFAIK not related to activator.

If you only heard it, just try it, Activator is a must have IMO, interfaces with all kinds of apps/tweaks.

5. HickDead thread starter macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Not sure WHY LockInfo needs Activator to be installed. Can someone shed some light on this?

Also has anyone experienced any battery issues with LockInfo and Activator installed on your iPhone 4S? Thx

6. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Yeah. Lockinfo has the infoshade function which in order to appear on your screen needs some form of input from you, hence why Activator is included when you install it.

I didn't notice any significant battery drain issues, but then again I am on an iPhone 4. The only thing that I noticed with Lockinfo is that my iPhone was somewhat sluggish. So I got rid of it. Problem solved.

7. HickDead, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012

HickDead thread starter macrumors 6502a

HickDead

I downloaded and installed the trial version of LockInfo. Thus far I'm really liking it. Working smoothly on my 4S. However is there a way to permanently DISABLE "InfoShade?" I have no plans on using it and would like to make sure it's not in use. Thx

8. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Settings>LockInfo>InfoShade>Activator Settings, and then set them all to off.The ones that will activate it will have a check mark to the right of the selection. It should be Pull down from the top of the screen or tap and hold the status bar as default.

9. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Wirelessly posted

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (my new 4s isn't jailbroken so this is from memory) but in Lockinfo settings there's three sections together with the first one lock screen, second one is homescreen

10. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Wirelessly posted

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (my new 4s isn't jailbroken so this is from memory) but in Lockinfo settings there's four sections together with the first one being lockscreen, second one is homescreen, and the third is infoshade and the last is notification center. Well if you select notification center you can choose either the default notification center or a Lockinfo modified NC. Choose one of those and then go to the infoshade settings and make sure there are no activator actions assigned. I am pretty sure in those areas you'll figure out how to disable infoshade.

Can I ask why you want to disable it? I'm curious because I preferred that over the default NC especially now because all NC addons and widgets are compatible with infoshade along with tweaks like transparency, springtomize, and weeroll. Plus you can collapse infoshade sections. Anyways, just curious.

Again I apologize if any of this is incorrect. This is all from memory.

I'm awfully sorry about my first reply. I'm new to the forum and not quite sure how i posted that. Any way I can remove my partial post? I'm sorry!

11. HickDead, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012

HickDead thread starter macrumors 6502a

HickDead

^^^ Thanks for the explanation. Your memory is pretty sharp!

I have no use for Activator, hence why I did not want to initially install it. As a compromise, I ended up disabling the MS add-on for Activator and LockInfo still works/functions perfectly. Going to purchase a license once my trial period ends in two weeks.

Apple should have incorporated this tweak for their stock lock screens. Oh well, that's what JB is for I guess.