Looking at a iphone 5 used on craigslist in about 20 minutes, what do i look for?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arctyler, Nov 15, 2013.

1. arctyler macrumors regular

I am looking at a iphone 5 in about 20 minutes, and i am meeting the guy at the mall, which seems kind of sketchy but I am thinking ill just tell him to meet me at the verizon store so we can check it out, but what else should i look for with it to make sure it is clean? Also he is only asking 300 for it and its a black iphone 5 32gb, so I need some quick information before i leave here, thanks

----------

bumpp anyone?

2. wmdunn macrumors newbie

wmdunn

Check it physically, have Verizon check the serial, imei number. Have them check ownership, insurance, and for water damage. Depending on where you are, that sounds a tad bit low ... be careful!

3. 617aircav Suspended

At the end of the day you are relying on the sellers honesty. Things to check for-

Water damage
    Screen replacement
    GPS working
    Wifi working
    Speakers working
    Mic working
    Ear piece working
    Top button
    Home button
    Touch screen
    Test call

4. iCarabma macrumors 6502

What they said, also make sure find my friends is off.

And there is nothing sketchy per se about meeting at a mall. I always meet people in public places when I sell things on craigslist. I don't want random strangers to know where I live.

5. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

$300? I just sold my 32gb iPhone 5 earlier today for $440 and that was after I dropped it several times down from $500. Hope everything checks out.