Looking at a used 42mm

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sinclac57, Oct 3, 2015.

1. sinclac57 macrumors member

So I'm looking at a used 42mm black that says it comes with Apple Care until 7-12-2017 my question is is Apple care transferable?

Chuck

2. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

3. sinclac57 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Keep in mind the original purchaser can cancel AC+ and request a refund for the time remaining.

I think if you call and get it moved into your name it removes that possibility.

5. sinclac57 thread starter macrumors member

Nice to know Thank's

6. sinclac57 thread starter macrumors member

Do you happen to have the number i call?

7. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

800-275-2273

Have the serial number ready

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Note the specific procedure for xfering AppleCare to a new owner. Make sure the xfer is done and confirmed BEFORE you walk away from the seller.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202712

9. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

I do believe Apple will help him out. All he has to do is explain the situation. I am sure this happens with eBay and Craigslist sales. I once bought an iPhone for my son on eBay and it was registered and had apple care. I called apple to register and they said it was already setup with someone else. I explained and they transferred it over to me. Both the phone and apple care. I even asked if they wanted a picture and receipt.

10. sinclac57 thread starter macrumors member

They told me on the phone they don't transfer applecare maybe i talked to the wrong guy.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Not all reps are created equal and some are known to feed BS to forum members. Call again and mention the aforementioned support page on transferring AC+ ownership in name only (as AC+ is tied to the device).

12. texans93 macrumors newbie

I recently sold an Apple Watch on EBay with AppleCare. The lady that purchased it went into her local AppleStore to transfer and they said the watch wasn't covered. They gave her a hard time. I was able to verify coverage from my Apple Profile and sent her a screenshot clearly showing the coverage. They still said "no". It took a call with the AppleCare rep, the buyer, and myself allowing coverage to be moved. I guess it just depends on the rep. Good luck!