Looking at Apple for the first time

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MimiHome, Jun 8, 2012.

1. MimiHome macrumors newbie

MimiHome

Hello,

I am looking at an Apple for the first time. I was looking online at the MacBook Air.

Have any of you used this product? What do you like about it?

Thank you ahead of time of the advice given.

2. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

The MacBook Air is awesome. It's thin, light, sleek, and beautiful. The best part of any Apple product is the OS. The SSD is great for performance. My wife didn't care for the 11" screen or the storage that the 64gb option offered so we sold it. We're waiting to see what the new products look like before we decide what to replace it with.

3. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

If your storage needs are minimal, this is great netbook. As for processor, memory, etc. that all depends on how you will use it. I wouldn't recommend it as a primary computer unless you do nothing but email and facebook.

4. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

hah the reality is most people use it just for that. In some cases an iPad is better for that. But if you need flash and don't want to jailbreak, the air isn't bad at all. If you're concerned about price check ebay, best buy open box, and of course apple refurb. If you want brand new I would wait until the new model is released.

5. sishaw macrumors 65816

sishaw

It handles word processing, spreadsheets, and music just fine as well. It does have comparatively limited storage per cost because it uses an SSD. It is, however, a very capable machine.

6. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

yeah i forgot to mention that. If you have even a modest media collection it will have to be stored externally.