Looking at buying a 2nd hand MBA - advice please

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Cattywampus_, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Cattywampus_ macrumors 6502a

Hi,

As the title says, I am looking to get myself a MBA.

I already own an rMBP and an iPad (and a Hackintosh)... so its not like I am short of computers. Just like the look of them and am trying to pick one up cheap on eBay.

So the offerings within my £500 budget seem to be 2013/2014 models. The main questions I would ask are:

1. Are the performance boosts warrant spending that little extra?
    2. Are there are any features that are missing from the 2013 models that are on the 2014

Then of course size.

My rBMP is 15", my iPad is the Air. Logic would suggest that getting the 11inch MBA would be the way forward.. but I do love screen real estate. I am really not sure what to do on size.

I have had the MBA 11inch before. Lovely piece of kit, but sold it cause it wasn't getting much use. This then brings me to the idea of getting the 13inch cause I never had one.

erkkkk Choices.... Opinion guys! Thanks

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

You may hate the screen...

The only difference between the 2013 and 2014 models is .1 ghz processor speed boost (nothing basically). Only you can decide on size and wether you can use it. Currys were selling new 2014 13 inch ones for £700 last week don't know if they have any left...

They Do!!

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...7_30047_xx_xx/1_20/price-asc/xx-criteria.html

3. SmOgER macrumors 6502a

IMHO if the size of laptop isn't absolutely critical for you (like for those who use laptops mainly on the planes), 13" for its extra screen estate and bigger trackpad/palm rests is a better option. :p

Some time ago I had a great deal on 2013 11" MBA, but 2011 13" is still a better machine for me, so I chose the latter one despite it being older and only very slightly cheaper.