Looking At http://www.psystar.com/...are these good machines?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JonMcDonald, Feb 11, 2009.

1. JonMcDonald macrumors member

Now I wouldn't normally go for a Hackintosh, but these look like they're easy to update, and run OS X just fine. I just kinda wanna desktop to game on when I'm at home, that runs OS X, and costs less than $1000.

Was wondering if anyone has owned one, and if they are problematic or if you have any tidbits of advice, etc.

Thanks!

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. Turmoil macrumors regular

No. They are not good computers. Buy a Mac! Thanks for asking.

4. JonMcDonald thread starter macrumors member

So I just briefly skimmed some of those search results, and it looks like it's not a very good purchase. Oh well. I would have needed to purchase a monitor and mouse anyways, and the specs weren't that great. I think by the time I had it matching an iMac 20" I would have spent roughly 1000$.
    :p

5. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

If you want an iMac buy an iMac. Wait until they are updated.

6. cmegens macrumors newbie

Buy the white Macbook! It's a really good deal and it can do some gaming too! Plus you can use it on the couch, in the kitchen, living room, car anywhere! And if you want a bigger screen, just buy an addition screen for your living room. A 20 inch isn't that expensive anymore. Trust me, you'll like it better than the iMac. It's more flexible, and the performance is great.

7. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Psystar is a joke, dont waste your money. Have some class....buy a Dell and Kalyway it.

8. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

Don't buy from them! Apple sued them. Do you wanna buy from a company that's being sued? Macs are made for Apple hardware.