Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hockeysc23

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2007
Well its not the latest but i was wondering what your thoughts would be on it. How much slower would it be than a intel cpu? or should i just save and get a new imac? cheers.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Apple/Complete-systems/auction-139492797.htm

I actually have that computer. I love it and is pretty darn fast. The only problem/reason people don't like it is because it is not an Intel chip. If you bumped up the ram I doubt you would have any problems with it at all.

Actually I might think about selling mine for much less than that so give me a PM if you are interested.

stinkey diver

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
oh really? all i want to do is a bit of music production and watch dvds and use the web really. im in new zealand and so is the auction btw. $1500 nz is around $1173 us.

hockeysc23

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2007
oh really? all i want to do is a bit of music production and watch dvds and use the web really. im in new zealand and so is the auction btw. $1500 nz is around $1173 us.

Yeah mine does just about the same sort of stuff very well. I make DVDs do some photoshop and web creation. Its a great machine. Obviously if you want to do some sort of windows stuff you would want an Intel.

I think if I upped the ram in mine it would fly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.