Looking at something new (camera)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by AppleNewton, May 23, 2011.

1. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

I have been using a Panasonic Lumix FZ35 for a decent amount of time now and while it is a great camera for most uses, I really wanted to get more indepth and involved with photography. Get more acquainted with lenses and different types of set ups to find my niche of style and capturing images.
    Not trying to get overboard but something that is a nice intermediate balance.
    Something that offers clear professional quality, and something that is good to experiment with and grow into over time, not some sort of buy now and in a few years need to get a more expensive type camera, etc etc.

I was looking at the Canon Rebel XS 10.1MP camera or something possibly like the Canon EOS Rebel T3 -- any good recommendations or what to look for in price, amazon has the XS for i believe $479 and the T3 for $599.

here is some of the photography work I've done with my FZ35

2. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Your portfolio has a lot of nice work in it. You have gotten the most out of your current camera and will like most any of the available DSLR cameras out there. I have the Canon XSi, which has been discontinued. The XS is still in production but is a bit long in the tooth compared to any of the T series cameras. If this will be your first DSLR, then you aren't tied to any series of lenses. Take a look at the offerings from Nikon and Pentax. Go to a camera store if there is one within reasonable driving distance and play with different body styles. That's the best way to pick what is right for you.

Dale