Looking At Trading My 9700 For Iphone 3G. Questions.......

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Neverbepeace, May 3, 2010.

1. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Looking at trading my 9700 bb bold for am iPhone 3G. The phone is is great condition......my only concern is that it's out of warranty.

It will be unlocked using it for tmobile. Is this kind of a bad trade on my end? Any cons besides not getting 3G and vm with an unlocked iPhone on tmobile?

2. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Sounds like a solid trade to me. Is the 3G running 3.1.3? If so it cannot be unlocked yet, well at least I don't think it can be. Other then that it sounds like a fair trade.

3. Neverbepeace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

The 3G is actually running 3.1.2. Sounds like a fair trade even with out the warranty?

4. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

The major disadvantages to using TMobile is that you can't get 3G (only slow EDGE), and you have to listen old school-style to voice mail.

Consider other problems with the 3G:

You have to be really really careful when to update the baseband. Basically NEVER update your firmware until you triple check with the dev-team blog.

If the 3G is already updated to 3.1.3 then don't do the trade. You can't unlock it yet.

There are wierd problems with configuring the data plan with the iPhone. Sometimes you can lose your data connection for no reason.