Looking Back at the Rumor Mill...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redman042, Jun 8, 2009.

1. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

What's amazing to me is that we didn't end up with a matte casing. That seemed to be one of the more solid rumors about the new iPhone. Even the major sites pretty much bought it. Then we had the matte black outer ring. Also false.

Then we had the raised speaker to make room for... something. Front facing camera? Very false.

Wow, there are some serious fakers out there with major time on their hands.

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with the upgrades, and I think the current 3G/GS look is just fine. I put a case on anyway, so I won't even see it. But it's still fascinating to look back at the rumors and find out just how many of them were false.

Truth is, most of what we learned that was true came out after developers got a good look at the OS 3.0 code. So Apple is still very much in charge of what we learn.

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

I have to agree, I thought the matte backing was a shoe-in. Ah, well I have an original so I FINALLY have a reason to upgrade. The 3G was just not enough reason and I'm glad I waited.

Hopefully next year makes up for those that feel they are "cheated."