looking for 10ft wireless mouse and keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Underworld, May 23, 2008.

1. Underworld macrumors member

Underworld

hi guys

i'm looking for mouse and keyboard which can still work with the 10ft distance between mac and them

i need it for work

probably bluetooth ones

I would go for Mighty Mouse but have reading about some problems specially from those who just bought it, since i'm not living in the state, i can't return it easily back to apple. so i need something stable :)

any recommendation?

2. Remiss63 macrumors newbie

Remiss63

I have a Wirless Mighty Mouse and an Apple Wireless Extended Keyboard (both Bluetooth). I use them without any trouble from a distance of 10 feet. I know the mouse has worked from a distance of 20 feet, but that's too far for me.

Personally, I love the Wireless Mighty Mouse. I especially like the operation of the small trackball. I can quickly scroll through windows and websites. being able to scroll left and right on the fly is amazing.

I've read of people's problems with the Mighty Mouse. I was a bit worried when I bought it, but that's been over a year ago. I use it everyday. The only issue I've had relates to the batteries. When the batteries drain of power, it will sometimes lose connection with the computer (to be expected).

I use these with a MacBook Pro (Intel). Hope that helps.

3. Underworld thread starter macrumors member

Underworld

thanx alot man, this would be perfect for my setup
    the prob. though, what i read in here about the mighty mouse that some of them act crazy and still new .. this is what holding me back from my purchase

my bro is leaving the states next Friday and i need to decide

from what u said that the bluetooth mouse and keyboard should give me 10ft easly

but what is Apple Wireless Extended Keyboard
    is it the small wireless one ?

4. Remiss63 macrumors newbie

Remiss63

I understand your concerns. Here's the Apple Wireless Extended Keyboard (Bluetooth). Apparrently they no longer make the "Extended" keyboard (with the number pad, paging, and arrow keys off to the right.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-MAC-Bluet...ryZ15389QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If having the "extended" features isn't important to you, then you should purchase one without it. The latest version of the Apple Wireless Keyboard is very beautiful and seems to work well. Here's the latest Apple wireless version:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-Apple-...ryZ25444QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

also here:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/523344-REG/Apple_MB167LL_A_Wireless_Keyboard_Bluetooth.html

It seems you can get one made by another company (Macally or others) for a lower price than the official Apple keyboard. They may have some added features as well. Here's an example of a non-Apple wireless keyboard with more features at a lower price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Logitech-Apple-...ryZ47779QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I can understand your concern about the Mighty Mouse. If you can find one that seems more reliable at the same or better price, then you should go for it. Reading reviews and comments is definitely the right thing. Realize however that many satisfied people never make comments and there can be a tendency for people with problems to dominate the comments / reviews.

Good luck !

5. Underworld thread starter macrumors member

Underworld

thanx man u did a great job !

i just ordered my wireless set from apple store

i found some others but had no reviews about them and did really try the mighty one and i loved it .. hope every things works fine