Looking for 2.0 speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by silvine, Mar 12, 2009.

1. silvine macrumors member

Hi,

Can someone please recommend a good set of entry level speakers for an iMac. I am looking for something around the USD100-150 range that has good sound at low to medium levels. I don't want a sub or anything too big as space is an issue.

I've heard good things about the Bose Companion II series...

2. danny_w macrumors 601

I also want some 2.0 speakers, but I'm leaning toward the Creative T-40 speakers myself. I've never liked the Bose stuff, but they might be OK in this case. I've seen the T-40's for about $80 locally. Logitech also has a set of uni-directional speakers for about $100, but I haven't heard them.

3. silvine thread starter macrumors member

The T20s look good. Although even though they're smaller than the T40s they're still big!

4. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

The Creative GigaWorks T20 or T40 would make an excellent choice! :D

5. joshualee90 macrumors member

i have a pair of the bose companion 2 speakers. They are nice. Im guess you can't be loud and thats why your asking about low volume but the 2.1 sound much nicer and is more value imo(but again i have the 2.0 ones). One thing i really like about bose is their customer service. If there is something wrong with the product they will replace it and give you a new year warranty( or what ever the product has) . Over all solid product though.

6. shadowfayre macrumors regular

Swans make some of the nicer speakers. They normally are not in your price range but their last year models (which are what I have) are just close.

http://www.theaudioinsider.com/product_info.php/p/swan-m200mkii/products_id/80

Two side by side takes up about the same space as my 15" MBP, as "space" is a user variable.

Highly recommended by HardOCP and AVS Forums and personally they are very nice speakers. Creative speakers are just about the bottom of the barrel, IMO.

7. NIPRING macrumors 6502

8. paulg1979 macrumors member

Agree with you! Loving the T40's. Make sure you play AIFF files though to get the best sound.