Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clipse79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
I just picked up the S9-HD and the sound is amazing! Buuuuuuuuuuut....You cannot change the dang song! It kind of ruins it a bit for me. Has anyone found a headset that will change the tracks without touching the phone?

Thank you!

cc999

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
question

Can you stream pandora or any other internet feed via WIFI with that headset? Please try and let me know.... You will find it will cut in and out and ruin the Wifi connection.

Chrlie C

steve31

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Edmonton Canada
I bought the S9-HD and could not get it to work with my iPhone 3GS or iPod Touch 2 gen. It just looses the connection after a few seconds. Not sure if I got a dud but I will be returning them.

citron230

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
San Diego, CA
I am giving serious consideration to getting a A2DP bluetooth headset. Like the OP I will want a headset that changes the song. I also would like a heatset that allows me to adjust the volume.

Clipse79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Being in Canada I do not get Pandora but i`ll try AOL Radio and report back.

From some reading it seems that AVRCP is the technology that the iphone is lacking and that no headset is able to change the tracks without it. I`m still doing some reading as to what it exactly is but it seems very important. What a waste of adding A2DP and doing it half assed...

Just sent a email to Apple with my displeasure and asking to add this feature asap! I encourage everyone else to do the same...

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I just picked up the S9-HD and the sound is amazing! Buuuuuuuuuuut....You cannot change the dang song! It kind of ruins it a bit for me. Has anyone found a headset that will change the tracks without touching the phone?

Thank you!

Was it this one? (the one you bought)

qpid360

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2009
Pasadena, CA
They should all be able to change tracks except the iPhone's Bluetooth profile doesn't support it. At least not yet.

Clipse79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Was it this one? (the one you bought)

I got it without the 650. I thought it was supposed to work without some extra piece added to my phone, is that not the point?

I`m going to watch a movie check in tomorrow and i`ll give it a try over wifi. Anything else that you guys want me to try ask and i`ll do my best....

Ishimaru

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Los Angeles
Being in Canada I do not get Pandora but i`ll try AOL Radio and report back.

From some reading it seems that AVRCP is the technology that the iphone is lacking and that no headset is able to change the tracks without it. I`m still doing some reading as to what it exactly is but it seems very important. What a waste of adding A2DP and doing it half assed...

Just sent a email to Apple with my displeasure and asking to add this feature asap! I encourage everyone else to do the same...
iPhone 3.0 software supports A2DP, but it doesn't support AVRCP, so we can't change tracks. We can play and pause, but without AVRCP, we can't change tracks. Shame they missed that...

mpeterson78

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2008
Washington, DC
no luck folks, the iphone 3.0 doesn't support AVRCP which is the bluetooth profile needed to be able to play, pause, and change tracks from the bluetooth headest. Bluetooth headsets will only stream audio and have the ability to change the volume from the headset, but for changing the tracks and play/pause you need to use the iphone. So lame! Hope this gets fixed in a future update.

camarobh

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
San Diego, CA
no luck folks, the iphone 3.0 doesn't support AVRCP which is the bluetooth profile needed to be able to play, pause, and change tracks from the bluetooth headest. Bluetooth headsets will only stream audio and have the ability to change the volume from the headset, but for changing the tracks and play/pause you need to use the iphone. So lame! Hope this gets fixed in a future update.

Actually it all depends on the bluetooth device. I used a Sennheiser MM 200 and it allowed volume control and play/pause. I also used a Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800 which allows play/pause but has no volume controls, instead directing you to use the phones volume control. The issue there is the iPhone evidently assumes the bluetooth headset will control the volume and the volume controls don't respond when using the HBH-IS800.

ericvmazzone

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2008
Kalamazoo, MI
I use the JayBird bluetooth headset. It does control play/pause and internal volume control. I have used it to change tracks on the iPhone before but I forget how to do that unless I have the manual in front of me.

Clipse79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
I use the JayBird bluetooth headset. It does control play/pause and internal volume control. I have used it to change tracks on the iPhone before but I forget how to do that unless I have the manual in front of me.

If you have you need to let us know because i`ll spend the $ to get that feature...

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
I got it without the 650. I thought it was supposed to work without some extra piece added to my phone, is that not the point?

I`m going to watch a movie check in tomorrow and i`ll give it a try over wifi. Anything else that you guys want me to try ask and i`ll do my best....

it does work without the adapter. So does the regular s9. No headset will allow you to change tracks yet because apple left out the complete profile

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW

This one right? The $129.99 ..hmm

Clipse79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
This one right? The $129.99 ..hmm

Was getting all excited but on right side of page:

iPhone OS 3.0:

You can now use your JB-200 JayBird Bluetooth headphones with iPhone & iPod Touch without needing a Bluetooth adapter.

iPhone OS 3.0 now has A2DP (Bluetooth stereo) and allows full use of call and music controls other than next and previous track.

--------------------------------------

So if you have that add on it will allow to change tracks? Maybe I just invest in that...

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
I broke down and bought the Motorola S9-HD today. Was at Bestbuy and they had the white version on sale for $20 off.

It's charging now, but I did a test with the sound quality after a short charge and it seems good. Music sound seemed better than call sound.

I'm hoping Apple will have an update in the future that will allow it to support AVRCP.

Steve

mattattrent

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Macbook (early 2008) Bluetooth Issues

Hi,

I use a MB (early 2008 black).

I also have a Motorola SD 9 BT headset that supports A2DP.

However, I can not connect the headset to the MB - it pairs, but will not play any sound. I've confirmed all the settings, the headset works on my iBook G4, and it works fine with my iPhone.

I also have a Motorola BT H500 older model from two years ago. It works fine, but is mono and does not support a2dp obviously.

Why won't my SD 9's work with my MB?

Thanks for any tips or advice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.