Looking for a apple genius!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yourmomoclock, Sep 25, 2009.

1. yourmomoclock macrumors newbie

Before you even read this, just so you know, I am NOT dumb with computers....

I used to have an iPod 5th gen but I now have a different iPod (touch 1st gen; bought it off craigslist). When I would try to use iTunes with it, it would not work. iTunes wouldn't even turn on whenever I click it. It does the same exact thing with my sisters iPod touch. My iPod touch also does that. Does anyone know how to fix iTunes? I have uninstalled it, deleted all files, and reinstalled it 20 times.

Also, now whenever I plug my iPod into the computer it shows usb cord pointing to itunes. It wont let me do ANYTHING on the iPod and it is fully charged.

Lastly, my iPod wont sync any apps!!!!

I promise if you can help me fix this problem I will do whatever you want! Email me @ bella_mia_button@yahoo.com ASAP if you would be amazing enough to help.

Other info: iPod touch 1st generation, 8 gigabytes. Windows vista on an HP computer. NOT 64 BIT

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I agree. If an Apple Genius can't help you, what makes you think a forum will?

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

WOw...seriously, you need to lay off the "hate" chips. He's asking for help...there's a lot of smart people that are probably in here, just not speaking out. Even then, what harm does asking for help do?

5. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

Because chances are, Apple Geniuses will know more than us people who use the devices casually, while the Geniuses are people who are paid to do it?

6. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It has nothing to do with hate. What you're missing is the post that was deleted (along with two other duplicate threads the OP posted), where the OP claimed that an Apple Genius couldn't help. If the OP simply asked the forum for help, that's one thing. To claim that an Apple Genius can't help but expect that we can, is something else. No one is challenging the appropriateness of asking for help here. What is being challenged is the OP's claim that an Apple Genius can't help.

8. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Jajaja. I didn't get to read those :D