Looking for a auto feed scanner for photos/documents.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by waloshin, Feb 10, 2015.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Looking for a auto feed scanner for photos/documents.

I need a fast, reliable scanner mainly for photos, but also documents. I was looking at the fujitsu fi 7160 that does 60 per minute at 300 dpi, but I am not sure if it works for photos.

Link

2. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I've used my Fujitsu Scansnap S1500m for snapshot type photos and it did an excellent job. Printed out the scanned image in the same size (4x6) and it was hard to tell which was the original. The Scansnap can't be beat for document scanning.

The current model is the ix500 which supports wireless connecting in addition to USB.

3. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Thanks

4. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

I have a Canon Pixma all in one with ADF that works great. They are stupid cheap too.

5. 960design macrumors 68020

I second the Fujitsu SnapScan series.

I've had MANY scanners over the years and most are just frustrating. The SnapScan never seems to jam, scans both sides of the document at the same time, and I cannot recall it ever double feeding.

6. viorelgn macrumors 6502

viorelgn

7. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

In scanning well over 10k pages, I think I have had less than 10 double feeds. Usually unusual, mixed paper. Had some false positive dbl feeds with some variable thickness documents.

Worst problem I have is some tri-fold documents pushing papers out of the output hopper and onto the floor. The second page just catches the edge of the fold. When that's your worst problem, you don't have much of a problem.

8. dapetrun macrumors regular

dapetrun

I agree with this post above. Very happy with my SnapScan purchase.

9. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Thanks for the help. It seems like the only scanner that will work well is the Kodak PS50.