Looking for a auto feed scanner for photos/documents.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008

I need a fast, reliable scanner mainly for photos, but also documents. I was looking at the fujitsu fi 7160 that does 60 per minute at 300 dpi, but I am not sure if it works for photos.

Link

glenthompson

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2011
Florida

I need a fast, reliable scanner mainly for photos, but also documents. I was looking at the fujitsu fi 7160 that does 60 per minute at 300 dpi, but I am not sure if it works for photos.

Link
I've used my Fujitsu Scansnap S1500m for snapshot type photos and it did an excellent job. Printed out the scanned image in the same size (4x6) and it was hard to tell which was the original. The Scansnap can't be beat for document scanning.

The current model is the ix500 which supports wireless connecting in addition to USB.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
I've used my Fujitsu Scansnap S1500m for snapshot type photos and it did an excellent job. Printed out the scanned image in the same size (4x6) and it was hard to tell which was the original. The Scansnap can't be beat for document scanning.

The current model is the ix500 which supports wireless connecting in addition to USB.
Thanks

960design

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
I second the Fujitsu SnapScan series.

I've had MANY scanners over the years and most are just frustrating. The SnapScan never seems to jam, scans both sides of the document at the same time, and I cannot recall it ever double feeding.

glenthompson

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2011
Florida

I've had MANY scanners over the years and most are just frustrating. The SnapScan never seems to jam, scans both sides of the document at the same time, and I cannot recall it ever double feeding.
In scanning well over 10k pages, I think I have had less than 10 double feeds. Usually unusual, mixed paper. Had some false positive dbl feeds with some variable thickness documents.

Worst problem I have is some tri-fold documents pushing papers out of the output hopper and onto the floor. The second page just catches the edge of the fold. When that's your worst problem, you don't have much of a problem.

dapetrun

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2006
Western Pennsylvania

I agree with this post above. Very happy with my SnapScan purchase.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Thanks for the help. It seems like the only scanner that will work well is the Kodak PS50.