Looking for a awesome mouse for my rMBP

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AZC, Jul 28, 2012.

1. AZC macrumors newbie

I just recently purchased a rMBP since my new job assignment has me traveling around the world on for weeks to months at time.

I'm looking for a good wireless mouse to use for normal computer stuff, photoshop/video editing and some light gaming. I've tried out the Magic Mouse but it doesn't seem like it's for me.

Does anyone know of any good, high quality brands/models of wireless mice?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I like Logitech as well. I have several MX Revolutions, but they don't sell them anymore unfortunately.

3. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

Another vote for Logitech. I picked up the mx Performance for my Air.

I tried the Microsoft Bluetooth 5000, not only it was uncomfortable to use but the third button can't even be modified.

4. yensteel macrumors regular

I like the Logitech Performance MX as well.

Combined with Steermouse, you can program the extra two thumb buttons (Not the back/forward ones) for expose/mission control or something else.

I found the lift off distance to be much lower than my Razer Copperhead mouse, making it very comfortable to use. It means that you only need to lift it a tiny bit to move the mouse without moving the curser. It's also very comfortable to hold.

5. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

The razer orochi. It's small, comfortable, and looks slick if you also pair it with a razer mouse pad.

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I like my Logitech Performance Mouse MX. I sometime use it on a frosted glass coffee table where most other mice don't work.

7. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

Another vote for Logitech Performance MX, it works really well in both OSX and Windows

8. sfxguy macrumors member

I am thinking of getting a Razer Orochi since it is bluethooth, (and you don't have to use a USB port for the 2.4ghz Logitech dongle) to replace my Magic Mouse.

Mainly because I work in a lot of 3d programs and have to have 3 buttons, even with Magic Prefs it's very hard to work in Maya or Lightwave with the Magic Mouse.

I have one of the old logitech bluetooth mice, and it is very jumpy.

9. Nioxic macrumors regular

I'm sorry if this is a thread hijacking, that is by no means my goal.
    im just looking for a wireless mouse to use for my MBA.

i have just 1 request:
    it does not occupy any of my 2 USB ports. I figured it had to connect directly trough the built in bluetooth in the laptop. Which mice does this ? (they all seem to have some usb receiver )

again, sorry if hijacking. but its sorta the same question ;)

Edit:
    Seems like the "magic mouse" from apple can do this. but its way too flat for my hands. i tried it at a friends place last year.

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The post just before yours has an answer. I've never used this mouse, but it's a gaming mouse so I'd hope it works pretty well.

11. Nioxic macrumors regular

Thank you sir! Very nice :)