Looking for a backpack for 15'' MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Andrew07, May 7, 2007.

1. Andrew07 macrumors 6502

I am looking for a backpack to use with a 15'' MBP, but would like to purchase it in person so I can try it out first. I live relatively close to San Francisco... can anyone recommend some stores to check out there? Thanks!

2. reub macrumors newbie

try the timbuk2

I've got one of these and like it a lot - very good build quality, stylish (imho), and they've got a laptop size guide on the website. You should be able to find a local retailer in SF or get one online.

I've got this one: http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/retail/catalog.htm?categoryId=85&skusetId=29

I don't have a macbook, but according to the sizing guide on the website, it should fit depending on the model and bag size.

3. coledog macrumors 6502a

coledog

I have a Swiss Army backback that I would recommend to anyone.
    It has a nicely padded laptop "area" and still has tons of storage for accessories etc. I believe I got it from Staples for under $40.

4. Andrew07 thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha, for whatever reason it didn't dawn on me to check out the local Staples and Office Max (our Comp USA recently closed). The Timbuk2 and Crumpler bags look quite interesting, but like I said, I'd really like to check them out in person.

5. coledog macrumors 6502a

coledog

Don't forget Best Buy, Circuit City, and yes, even Wal Mart...