Looking for a BLACK macbook...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by stevearm, Aug 23, 2009.

1. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I noticed on the Apple store that the 13" Macbook is only available in white, which is annoying as I'd really much rather have black.

Is there anyway/where I can buy one from Apple preferably (definitely not eBay)...?

Thanks hope someone can enlighten me.

2. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

Try amazon?

MacBook MB404LL/A

3. nick9191 macrumors 68040

4. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the responses, the black macbooks on Amazon.co.uk are both used and I'd rather have a new or refurbed one.

I suppose I'm just not sure about spending all that money on a unibody, I'll have a think, maybe I will just go for it. I guess I just like the colour, build quality and price of the old macbooks.

Also, will I be able to purchase Apple Care separately and use it for say, an Amazon-bought macbook?

One last question, if I do go for a unibody, should I wait until Snow Leopard comes out and maybe have it pre-installed? It'll be my first ever Mac so am quite excited :)

5. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

Design and price is arguable, but in terms of build quality the old macbooks really don't compare to the new unibody macbooks. I think the 13 inch macbook pros are much better value for money than the old plastic macbooks.

If you get a used macbook you'll be able to get apple care for up to 3 years from the original purchase date. So if it was originally purchased in 2007 and you get apple care it'll be good until 2010.

Might as well wait for Snow Leopard now that it appears to be only 1-2 weeks away.

Fabian

6. tekio macrumors regular

Applecare has to be bought within the first year.

7. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

Oh yes, of course! Almost forgot about that... Thanks for adding that in.

8. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks very much. A little bit of pondering later and I've decided to just go for the unibody MBP. The benefits are all worth the extra £200. Plus having an SD card slot is handy because I'll be working with a huge amount of photos most of the time.

Thanks also for the info about AppleCare, at least if I'm buying mine new that shouldn't be a problem.

Now to decide on solid state memory or a normal HD!

Thanks again

9. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Wise choice. The plastic MB's, white or black, have their issues.

10. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

Steve, check your PM, just sent you something that you may find interesting. :)