Looking for a bomb proof iPhone 4S case - suggestions please

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by HighlandScott, Oct 3, 2012.

1. HighlandScott macrumors newbie

I'm new to the Apple word (waiting for an iPhone 5) so know NOTHING about accessories.

Friend of mine has an iPhone 4S and is looking for a sturdy case. He abuses phones and works with concrete/construction. Are there any cases that offer very good protection, and perhaps even cover the screen as well? (or is getting a screen protector sticky thing to put on the only option?)

I'd be grateful for any suggetions of cases, or just names of case makers to research.

Thanks

2. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

3. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

4. FJ2011 macrumors member

5. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Either the gumdrop or Griffin Survivor.

The Otterbox leaves too much exposed and the Lifeproof cases are not that great overall. Quality control on these are hit or miss in terms of waterproofing (even after testing them) and they don't take falls or knocks too well. Not enough shock absorption on them.

6. SunnyFL macrumors regular

The one thing I do not like about the Lifeproof case on the 4S is how it muffles the sound as far as the ringer & text tones go. Seems like it almost cuts the volume in half.

7. 725032 Guest

There are countless threads on this subject... Please search before posting

8. SunnyFL macrumors regular

I know they should turn off any future postings to these threads since all we need to do is run a search.

9. HighlandScott thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies, they were very helpful.

I did search for a bomb proof/sturdy/solid/rugged Iphone 4 case but no real relevant results that I could see quickly.

10. maclook macrumors 65816