Looking for a calendar app that supports Exchange

Discussion in 'macOS' started by itai, Apr 6, 2012.

1. itai macrumors member

Hey everyone,

My company is using MSFT exchange for emails and calendars and I am trying as hard as I can to stay away from MSFT products (outlook, etc.). Does anyone know of any good calendar app that supports MSFT exchange?

I dont think iCal does...

Thanks.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I think Snow Leopard's and newer iCal supports Exchange.

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

It does. I have my work calendar that is on outlook on my ical calendar at home as well.

4. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

iCal does as long as you have a fairly recent version of Exchange Server. The company I work for has an ancient version which does not work with anything but Entourage - won't even work with Outlook 2011.

5. itai thread starter macrumors member

so how come I can't see on my iCal the availability of my team from work, whereas on outlook I can? Is it a feature of whatever exchange server my company is using? What does this depend on?

6. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

I think MSFT plays all kinds of dirty tricks to keep you in their eco system. Office is their bread and butter. Every time I try to escape, there seem to be one little thing that doesn't interact quite right with all the folks using windoze and outlook. Just surrender and be assimilated - at least you get to use it on a mac.