Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Biomage

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2013
I am looking for a tweak so when someone call me when i dont use the phone i want also to have accept or decline option, instead of answer only.

like when someone would call you when you use the phone...

thanks in advance.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
I am looking for a tweak so when someone call me when i dont use the phone i want also to have accept or decline option, instead of answer only.

like when someone would call you when you use the phone...

thanks in advance.

Hit the sleep button to ignore, or hit twice to hang up on them :)

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I use CallBar. One of my favorite tweaks. Behaves similar to BiteSMS (or other QC/QR message tweaks) except its for the telephone app.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I meant does they added decline option in beta4?
The option to decline a phone call on screen by tapping the decline button has been a stock option since iOS 6.0. With or without Callbar, you should already have that option. Unless Apple decided to remove it in iOS 7?

----------

Cool app, does it work for all calls or only ones you assign in your contacts?
It works for all calls. You can also tell it (via Settings) to replace the standard Phone.app for all calls.

The one thing it WON"T do however is MAKE a Facetime call. It will let you ANSWER a FT call, but you cannot make one. You still need the Phone.app for that.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
The option to decline a phone call on screen by tapping the decline button has been a stock option since iOS 6.0. With or without Callbar, you should already have that option. Unless Apple decided to remove it in iOS 7?

I don't think the decline button is an option when you receive a phone call on the lock screen. Only the slide to answer and two other buttons (that aren't decline) are there to be selected

Not sure if options change when you have a pass code or not

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I don't think the decline button is an option when you receive a phone call on the lock screen. Only the slide to answer and two other buttons (that aren't decline) are there to be selected

You can use buttons on the lock screen to answer calls. That's my setup :D

I'm not a fan of the slide gestures on the banner notification for incoming calls. I use he buttons.

Edit: FYI, I'm pretty sure the dev just added the stock implementation for answering calls on the lockscreen. I'll check the settings to confirm.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011

It's there on the lockscreen (stock). Just hidden. In iOS 6 anyway.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
You can use buttons on the lock screen to answer calls. That's my setup :D

I'm not a fan of the slide gestures on the banner notification for incoming calls. I use he buttons.

Edit: FYI, I'm pretty sure the dev just added the stock implementation for answering calls on the lockscreen. I'll check the settings to confirm.

what do you mean by buttons? are you referring to stock phone app or callbar? (i don't use callbar)

It's there on the lockscreen (stock). Just hidden. In iOS 6 anyway.

the decline button shows up when unlocked but on the lock screen, there's only a slide to answer option

unlike iOS 6, there is no way to slide up (I was aware of that "hidden" feature)

left = lock screen
right = first page of springboard
7i83.jpg

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
the decline button shows up when unlocked but on the lock screen, there's only a slide to answer option

unlike iOS 6, there is no way to slide up (I was aware of that "hidden" feature)

left = lock screen
right = first page of springboard
Ah, ok. I'm still on iOS 6.1 so I didn't realize. Another reason not to like iOS 7.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
what do you mean by buttons? are you referring to stock phone app or callbar? (i don't use callbar)

Either or. You can disable CalBar on the lock screen or use the banner. He just added the ability to disable CallBar on the lockscreen if you want to use the stock way of answering calls.

Also regarding the banner, you can set it up to have answer and decline buttons or you can use built in swipe gestures to answer or decline. Personally I use the buttons. They look nice and are wicked easy to use. I found swiping to be annoying.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Either or. You can disable CalBar on the lock screen or use the banner. He just added the ability to disable CallBar on the lockscreen if you want to use the stock way of answering calls.

Also regarding the banner, you can set it up to have answer and decline buttons or you can use built in swipe gestures to answer or decline. Personally I use the buttons. They look nice and are wicked easy to use. I found swiping to be annoying.

do you need to have callbar installed to get the answer and decline button on the lockscreen?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.