Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

callison

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2011
I have a sony A57 and 2 lenses (the 18-55 kit, and a 70-300 that i bought additionally). I would like a backpack style backpack because I like to walk with my camera and take it to sporting events. Having been so used to using one this far in life, I would like to stick with what I know. I also like the safety of having it over both shoulders.

My significant other's parents have told me they want to buy me a backpack for my camera for my birthday coming up. They want me to pick one out. I'd like to stay under 100 dollars, but you could convince me otherwise--if one blows me away, i'll buy it myself and have them get me something else.

Any recommendations?

Thanks for your time.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
I really like the LowePro Flipside backpacks because they enable you to change lenses without having to take the backpack completely off. You just swivel the backpack around to your front and open its back panel. The backpack hangs in front of you like a little table. Also, since the opening is the panel that is against your back while you are wearing the backpack, it is very secure against theft. For the gear you have, the Flipside 200 would be about the right size.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
I'm a bit of a bag junkie. I have Crumpler and Domke shoulder bags and a Kata backpack. I use the Crumpler for travel because it fits all my kit and the Domke for most field work. I gave up on regular camera backpacks because the maze of pockets and zippers is not efficient for me. I got a regular lightweight backpack and seperate padded lens cases. The one in the link will hold my 100 mm Macro and one other lens or my 120-400 mm Sigma bird lens. It's very comfortable for walking/hiking.

REI Flash Pack

Pearstone Lens Case

I trust my 100 mm Macro L to this Domke Case

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.