Looking for a case/cover

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jamie1989, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Jamie1989 macrumors newbie

Hey I received my iPhone 3GS and I have read a few of the "looking for best case" threads but decided to make my own since my needs are pretty niche.

I wanted a case that covers the entire iPhone - including screen and buttons - that allows you to STILL operate the iPhone. I'm not sure if this is in existence but if I was designing it would be like a thin leather case with a bit of that plastic film stuff attatched for the screen which you get with a new iPhone. So it is basically a case, with some film covering the screen which allows you to still use touch screen, which the iPhone can easily be removed from whenever I want.

If you know of anything like this, please let me know - Cheers! Also if this is unclear please let me clarify!

2. cdinca macrumors 6502

I just posted a complaint thread about the Otterbox Defender, but it does what you are asking. If you don't use av out cables, or need to hook up to a connector larger than the standard sync cable, it might be perfect.

3. Jamie1989 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unsure

Hey it looks good but is this what you mean?

http://www.otterbox.com/iphone-3g-3gs-defender-case

the thing I watched the YouTube video on the page and it showed nothing as actually covering the screen as far as I understand. Let me know if I am wrong. But the way it looked no material covered it, and I wanted some sort of usable screen cover attatched to the case.

Cheers.

4. scott99 macrumors 6502a

The Otterbox Defender comes with a screen protector integrated in the case. It's awesome ! Works great.

5. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I use the Contour Hardskin that covers the entire screen except for the touch screen, which I use an anti glare cover for. It minimizes bulk and gets the job done. It doesn't cover the home button though. I'm not sure how important that is though.