Looking for a case for my 13" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sandman512, Sep 9, 2013.

1. sandman512 macrumors member

So, just got my first 13" MBP. Ideally i would like to put some sort of protective cover(case) on it. Anyone have any input? Thanks!

2. troy14 macrumors 6502a

How handy are you? I really recommend Invisible Shield, Best Skin Ever, Ghost armor, etc. + some soft of soft protective case.

That way, it's protected when out of the case from scratches, etc. and in any bag it's carried in.

I don't like the Incase, Speck, etc. hard cases that go over the laptop, lots of dirt / small dust got in and wrecked havoc on my previous MBP.

3. iPhonesandMacs macrumors regular

I second this, I got the invisible shield installed on my 13" retina MBP. I had the speck smart shell and returned it after a few days.

4. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Do you mean a case that stays on there 24/7 or a case to add extra protection for transit?

Personally I don't use a hardshell case. I do put it into an Incase neoprene sleeve for extra protection in my backpack and when it's sitting on a desk. Four years and it only has a few scratches and bent "ears".

5. sandman512 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, a case that stays on 24/7 for added protections(3kids).

6. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

7. bobbydd21 macrumors regular

I always use a hard case. I am too clumsy to not. Just clean it every once in a while and you won't get any scratches or anything. Even if you get a few small scratches, I'd take that over small dents and dings. As far as hard cases go, get the Moshi iGlaze. Best hard case being sold and is 10X better than the Speck or Incase ones.

8. troy14 macrumors 6502a