Looking for a case; help appreciated

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Delta438, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Delta438 macrumors member

I just stumbled across these forums today, and seeing as how most of you are pretty knowledgable about cases, I decided to create an account and ask for some advice.

I'm looking for a case for my iPhone 5, but I want to to fulfill some requirements.

1. Drop protection for the front and back (doesn't matter if it's minimal, as long as the case doesn't break upon impact)
    2. Doesn't compromise the design of the iPhone
    3. Has reasonably large cutouts for the headphone jack (I'm using an a-jays 4, if that helps)

I've looked at the Desmay Slight 5 and the Ultra Thin Air, but some have said those crack upon impact. Also, if my phone happened to drop screen-first, those cases don't seem to offer any protection. The Neo Hybrid Ex seems to offer protection from both sides, but I'm worried the cutout for the headphone might not be big enough.

If anyone is kind enough to introduce a case to me that fulfills those requirements, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

Speck cases are pretty good. I'm currently have a candyshell flip on my 5.

3. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Take a look at the Speck Pixel Skin HD, Diztronic case, and Poetic atmosphere.

All are pretty slim and provide a lot more protection than the Desmay slight. All look great also.

4. Delta438 thread starter macrumors member

The Poetic Atmosphere looks pretty promising. You can still see the design of the iPhone and it provides protection as well. Thanks!

Keep the suggestions coming! :)