Looking for a case like the Speck Candyshell

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by swiftbmx, Mar 6, 2012.

1. swiftbmx macrumors regular

Hi Guys,

I'm a big fan of the Speck Candyshell case with for two major major reasons: the side lips do not extend over the screen protector and they are stiff as hell! My gripes are that it only comes in a glossy back that is very slippery for me and the satin verson only comes in black for males and I have a white iPhone.

Can anyone recommend me a case that is as protective as candyshell, stiff as candyshell but basically has a non-glossy back? I've already tried the Magpul and it's not hard enough(twss).

2. menist macrumors regular

menist

3. vietalogy macrumors 6502

4. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Disregard...I need to learn how to read...lol. I was gonna mention the Satin case, but I see you wanted another color other than black. Sorry about that!

5. Hauntedhallows macrumors newbie

I have a white iPhone 4a as well and I got the candyshell grip and it's the best case I own. It's just like the candy shell but with extra rubber on the back and it comes in white!

6. swiftbmx thread starter macrumors regular

Have you had any flaking issues with the candyshell grip? looks like all the other version have this issue.

7. Hauntedhallows macrumors newbie

I had the flaking issue with my candyshell flip but so far the grip has been perfect!

8. chrisbetty macrumors 6502

9. mzkb macrumors newbie

Satin case

The Speck Candyshell now comes in a satin finish. I got my Mom a white and pink one and she has had no problems with it. She has arthritis and can hold onto it easily.
    I read reports that the satin coating was peeling, but she's had hers for 5 months and no problems.
    I just bought the regular one, haven't used it yet, seems slicker and thinner. I may return it for the Candyshell Satin.
    I've also read where the white gets too dirty, no problems with that either.
    We both have white iphones.
    No issues with any of the ports. It does have the bigger camera ring.
    My son has the black Otterbox Commuter case and he likes it. I found it OK, think the Speck is better. It was recommended by Apple.

10. mzkb macrumors newbie

ACase

The Acase camera ring interfered with my photos. I like it. It would be good for the iPhone 4, but not in my opinion for the iPhone 4S.

I do want a white case, without other colors and they have been hard to find.

On a side note about the Otterbox Defender, I had that one and loved it for my iPhone3GS, however, I had trouble texting, etc. because it covered part of the screen and sometimes didn't get the letters touched. I did really like that one except for that.

11. chobie, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

chobie macrumors newbie

The Switcheasy eclipse is what you're looking for. Half the price of the Candyshell and it's sooo much better. No scratching and flaking on the case. It feels great in the hand too and it comes with everything to protect your phone. ;)

12. digitaldave macrumors regular

digitaldave

Like the op, I like my Candy Shell (I have an older See Thru Satin) partly because it doesn't interfere with my screen protector. However, I don't like the rubber texture on the font lip, I'd prefer something that had a less tacky (ie sticky) feeling - if only to make it slightly easier to take out of my jeans pockets :). I've read somewhere here that the recent Candy Shells have a slightly different rubber, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Dave.

13. SiftWinnow macrumors member