Looking for a cell phone recomendation

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by RickTaylor, Oct 8, 2014.

1. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for a recommendation for a phone that

1. runs android.

2. Has an easy to use camera that takes nice shots, particularly indoors.

3. Has a 4.7 inch screen or smaller.

I have the first generation Moto X and really like the form factor, but I've been disappointed with the camera. The Sony Z3 compact is supposed to have a good camera, but I've also heard people say it takes some skill to take good pictures with it. The iphone is a possibility, but I'm still attracted to Android. What would you recommend?

2. Ccrew macrumors 68020

I'd recommend you drop the 4.7" screen requirement since that's going to hold you into lower quality second tier phones. Then buy a Galaxy S5.

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

4. Savor Suspended

Savor

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact is your best bet.

But 4.7 vs 5.2 isn't a huge difference depending on dimensions. Perhaps only less than 10 mm in height and width. If you came from 3.5-4 inch iPhones of before, there is a much of difference in dimensions adjusting to iPhone 6 than coming from iPhone 6 to the bigger Xperia Z3.

5. dadudeness macrumors regular

dadudeness

I would consider dropping the Android requirement and have a look at Windows Phone devices.

6. ozaz macrumors 65816

Z3 compact is definitely the best Android option given your requirements.

However, I haven't used a Sony phone before so I don't know how easy to use the camera software is. Probably best to try one in store if simplicity of the camera software is a major factor in your decision.

7. Fireblade macrumors 65816

Fireblade

+1 on the Sony Z3 compact, and eventually the Samsung Galaxy Alpha.

8. AX338 macrumors regular

AX338