Looking for a certain kind of calendar app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by princesultan, Aug 18, 2010.

1. princesultan macrumors regular

Hello,

I like the calendar app that comes with the iphone 4. It's nice and simple, but 1 thing it's lacking is the fact that reminders don't stay on the screen. Is there any similar kind of app (free preferably) that will show a badge when 1 or more things are due on that day (or the day before, or 2 days before, etc).

Thanks!

2. princesultan thread starter macrumors regular

3. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

I've never seen a calendar app that displays a badge for events, and I've tried a lot of calendar apps out.

4. dav146 macrumors regular

dav146

My calendar saves my life most of the time!

I have Jailbroken my iPhone & installed LockInfo - It then shows your upcoming events on the iPhone Lockscreen. Brilliant.

On a side note I am aware that Pocket Informant is due to release an update within the next 6/7 weeks that allows their App to use the native calendar on the iPhone - something else that may be handy for you?

5. princesultan thread starter macrumors regular

that could be interesting.

i'm currently trying out PI lite now. it's ok, but i'm not really crazy about it.

right now i'm using toodledo AND the iphone calendar. i'm inputting the dates twice (once on toodledo and once on the calendar). ideally, i'd like everything in 1 app.

i think about PI that i don't like is that an option for a badge is not possible for events that are due more than 1 day. the badge only appears for current events or overdue ones. that's why PI can't work for me.

6. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

You can set the badge to show ALL TASKS, would that work?

7. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

Pocket Informant will only show 'events remaining today' as a badge. All other badge options in PI will show only tasks.

8. princesultan thread starter macrumors regular

you can, but for me, that's not what i'm looking for. PI would be perfect if i could set the badge to show tasks due anywhere from 3 - 7 days.

if anyone else knows of something, please let me know!