Resolved Looking for a certain screen protector

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Kanunu, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Kanunu, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012

Kanunu macrumors regular

Sorry to have to start a new thread but I can't seem to find what I want by searching. I tried but the number of responses just comes up too large.

I read on this forum of an iPad screen protector that is only adhesive where it touches the border of the screen. The part that covers the visible screen is non adhesive but apparently adheres tightly.

Can anyone help me on this. Thanks in advance.

2. krick macrumors regular

3. vietalogy, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012

vietalogy macrumors 6502

Has anyone tried it? Just ordered one off amazon looks like a good concept hopefully it works like it says it does.

4. h00ligan macrumors 68030

5. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

6. Kanunu thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies

Thanks for the help. I found and ordered on Amazon. There were 261 five star reviews and only 2 one star. Looks like the only drawback is that it does not work well with a stylus which was mentioned even in some of the 5 star reviews. Fortunately this is not a problem for me as I use my iPad mostly as an entertainment device. There may be some loss of screen fidelity too but that is just as true of the ZAGG protector I have installed now.

One reviewer mentioned that there is no hole for the front camera but if this is important to you you could cut one out. This camera is mostly for Skype and avatar portraits anyway, not fine photography.:)

7. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

thx, good to know about camera hole. I dont care about that either. PLEASE GIVE US UPDATE after you apply screen cover. I am thinking of buying this as well!

8. vietalogy macrumors 6502

Could always use a one hole punch to cut one out :)

9. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Don't overlook site restricted Google searches. They quite often work better than most forum search functions.

10. Kanunu thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Couldn't send you PM but thanks. I will try this in the future.

11. Kanunu thread starter macrumors regular

Product installed

I got my Moshi protector last week but installed it today.

1-There is a camera hole now which means the company responds to feedback.
    2-Unlike other screen protectors I have used, installation is a breeze. In fact I left a speck of dust on the screen. I just peeled back a corner and whisked it off with the supplied cloth. Great.
    3-It is true that a stylus may not work properly. In fact the two that I have do not work at all. Don't buy this if you feel you must use a stylus.
    4-Touch sensitivity seems very good with fingers. I tried my favorite game, Jade Monkey, that requires immediate sensitivity. If you have to punch twice your opportunity may be gone. It clicked every time.
    5-Best thing ever: Absolutely no bubbles.

I have not used it in bright sunlight but anyway, my supposedly anti-glare ZAGG protector was useless in even indirect sun.

I am very happy and appreciate the help I got here.

12. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Good to know! Congrats on your new screen cover:D how much did you pay for it?

I've only seen it for 29.99

13. Kanunu thread starter macrumors regular

Amazon

Bought it on Amazon for $29.95 w/ free shipping. Got to Hawaii in four days.

I think the price is comparable to a ZAAG at a retail shop. There are cheaper protectors on the market but I think this one is worth every penny. I now have about 8 hours use with no downsides that I can see.

14. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Oh ok, thanks for your response! Glad it's working out for you.

15. lincolnmayer macrumors member

I'd actually recommend getting one on Amazon. The one i'm using is ArmorSuit's and the reviews are solid. I personally like the Life time warranty feature. Has anyone else had a chance to check it out?