Looking for a clippings organiser...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Steven Jackson, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Steven Jackson macrumors 6502

Hi,

I am a teacher and I reckon I could do with a good clippings organiser. I regularly come across stuff on the web that I might be able to use in future lessons, even if those lessons are years in the future....

I have looked at Yojimbo, but it seems to have a few disadvantages, and it doesn't seem to have been updated recently...

Ideally the program would handle pretty much anything I threw at it, which in my case would be images (in various formats), music, text, archived web-pages. Again, ideally, I wouldn't have to organise things into folders, I'd just like to tag them and find them later with a smart search -- sort of like a big bag I could drop anything into...

Having said that, could I just have a plain old folder in Leopard called Miscellanea and achieve exactly the same thing?

Steve.

2. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

Based on what you mention as needs, Yojimbo seems to be close to what you're looking for. What were Yojimbo's "few disadvantages" ?