Looking for a comfortable case... iHurt!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jettrue, Dec 10, 2012.

1. jettrue macrumors regular

jettrue

OK, I know this is weird, but I have odd sensitivity issues. I can't find a case that doesn't physically hurt me. I need a case because I don't like the bare iphone's sharp corners either.

I don't care for my incipio feather because of the design ridges (rubbing against it feels abrasive), I don't like the Zoogue even more for the same reason (ouch!) I know it sounds ridiculous but I think I have some sensory disorder where my hands are really sensitive. I am a girl if it lessens your desire to make fun of my girly hands. :D

I've tried a slippery smooth tpu case but then it's too slippery...

My current case is just the Pinlo Bladedge Bumper. It's the least offensive because it's smooth, but it doesn't alleviate the sharp corner issue.

I don't want leather, too expensive. Silicone is ok if it's high quality, but then there's dust. There's the giant squishy Defender/Survivor type cases but they are so ugly!!

Any suggestions for something with a soft touch and/or rounded edges?

I'm actually thinking of switching to another phone because the corners are hurting my hand.

Please don't think I'm an iPhone troll with a stupid complaint. My hand hurts! :eek:

Am I holding it wrong?? :p

I want the outer of an original iPhone with the innards of the 5.

2. dinggus macrumors 65816

3. jettrue thread starter macrumors regular

jettrue

Looking at the pictures it looks pretty square/angled. Will have to go fondle one in real life, though it's to $$$ for my budget anyway. :( Searching for silicone cases now. Any silicone suggestions?

4. dinggus macrumors 65816

Never used a silicone case. From 3GS, 4, and 4S, I have always used Otterbox and then got the Lifeproof for my 4S.

I think you'd be happy with one of these:

Otterbox Commuter - Alittle less protective as the Defender.

Otterbox Reflex

Otterbox Prefix

5. jettrue thread starter macrumors regular

jettrue

I'll have to check out the Prefix, I wonder if the outer material is hard? At least it's smooth around the edges. Why's everything gotta be ribbed/ridged/grooved/dimpled/sculpted? :)

6. dinggus macrumors 65816

I thought chicks digged everything you just listed. :p

7. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

A pink Neo Hybrid EX Slim would be my suggestion for you :) It literally checks everything you're looking for in a case.

[​IMG]

8. meistervu macrumors 65816

The most comfortable cases I used on an iPhone 4 (which is even more uncomfortable than the iP5) was a leather case by SPG. It was around $35. I recalled JCrew announcing similar cases for iP5.

I used a Ringke Slim Soft Touch on my iP5 for a few weeks and found it a lot more comfortable than a bare iP5. There doesn't seem a lot of rounding around the edge, but the little bit that they did plus the material they used made a huge difference in term of comfort. The case was around $12.

9. jettrue thread starter macrumors regular

jettrue

It's a myth. :D

10. Zenom macrumors newbie

11. jettrue thread starter macrumors regular

jettrue

HAHA! Now that's something. :eek:

----------

Was the Spigen one like this?
    http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/ap...phone-5-case-genuine-leather-grip-series.html

I was thinking about the Ringke too...

12. meistervu macrumors 65816

Yes, exactly. I used it on my iPhone 4 and it was high on my list for my iPhone 5 until I decided on a wallet that has a pocket for a bare phone.

I love the feel of the SPG leather grip. I don't care for sticky rubbery cases. The Ringke Slim is also nice in that it is very minimal and yet quite confortable with a hint of velvety feel.

And I do understand what you mean by the edges not being comfortable. A rounder profile would be much better, but that would make the phone a bit wider. it's much better on the iPhone 5 than the iPhone 4 but a good case can greatly improve it.

13. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

14. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I came in here to suggest that. Smooth plastic outer part with a silicone inner part, so the edges would be soft without having to worry about dust all over or a pliable stretchy cover.

15. hugary1991 macrumors newbie

Do you find it now?

16. Yester5 macrumors regular

Yester5

17. RTbar macrumors regular

Belkin Grip Candy or Gripcandy Sheer

Both have smooth, rounded corners and a soft touch TPU finish , feels great in the hand

18. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Yes! This is my case of choice.