Looking for a company in Windsor, CT

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mikeyredk, Sep 5, 2007.

1. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

so I am looking for jobs anywhere (yeah i am desperate) just graduated college and want to know more about this company but I cant find them anywhere

the company is kamand? kommand? they're industrial tools distributors

2. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I live very close to Windsor.

I believe you are thinking of KAMAN. They make helicopters and stuff like that and the owners sponsor a huge seeing eye dog program. My dad used to have an office across a pond from one the KAMAN campuses. The particular building I am speaking of has a really nice waterside location.

There are a ton of companies in the windsor area. There is Hamilton Sunstrand (my friends grandfather is the CEO), Westinghouse, Alstom Power, ABB, and GE. There once was a company called Combustion Engineering (CE) that many people worked for. The company was eventually bought up by a bunch of other companies and had the employees stay in the same area. There are a lot of businesses around that are related. Pratt and Whitney is in East Hartford I believe and Sikorski is in Stratford or something.

I hope that helps. Let me know.

3. mikeyredk thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks Erik that helped a lot they called at 9 am and got complelty confused cause i was still half asleep :eek: when they said their company name it sounded like common and they started to spell it out and it started with a K I was freaken out so i missed the entire name

well got to get some sleep they plan to call back at 9 AM again!!:mad: