Looking for a cross device home budget software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dannymac1, Mar 16, 2012.

1. dannymac1 macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a good ios / lion home budgeting software that's pretty simple to use and stores data in the cloud.

The idea is my wife can use it from home via the Macbook, and I can use it from my ipad or iphone.

Mint is one, but I'm not comfortable giving up my banking info to them.

Hopefully someone will have something they can recommend.

Thanks,

Dan

2. dcains macrumors regular

I've tried virtually all the Mac financial apps (iBank, YNAB, Quicken, Moneydance, Moneywell, etc.), and the decision has to be made based on which features you need and/or can live without. There's already a huge thread here on this topic, and specifically on alternatives to using Quicken 2007. Search, read, download the trials.

I can tell you that Moneydance works best for me, and will sync across multiple Macs (laptops/desktop) using Dropbox. But, Moneydance won't sync to my iPhone/iPad, even though they have an app for them. It's hopelessly broken, and if you read the Moneydance support forum you'll see they no longer even respond to questions about when it may be fixed (going on for ~2 years now). I almost hate to mention how well the Moneydance Mac app works, when I think about how their iPhone/iPad app apparently never will. Be sure to check the reviews in the App Store, too, even if the portable adjunct app is free.