Looking for a decent (free) desktop sharing app .... ??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eroxx, Oct 5, 2010.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

I have team viewer which is great, but on the desktop I can't figure out how to open it and have it just appear in the menu bar when I log on ... ??

2. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

Do you want it to start running when u log on? I'm not sure I quite understand what you're asking

3. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah that would make sense; I just re-read my post. :)

YEah, I'd like it to start automatically, and have a FIXED password (which I know you can do, I'm just not sure how to -- with regard to the password).

I'd also really like it to sit in my menu bar above then the program dock below .... I'm surprised that's not an option in preferences.

4. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

The program has to be written by the developers to include an option for a menu icon I believe, but to automatically open when you login: System Preferences > Accounts > Login Items and add the application to that list. It will show up in the Dock upon opening.

5. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Setting a static password is in the Preferences of the TeamViewer program itself if you have the current version.

I haven't yet figured out how to hit the red-X and have it just minimize into my dock with its icon, and still be active. It will minimize over to the right by the trash can, but I don't want that...I'd like it to start minimized too, so if you figure that one out, let me know.