Looking for a DVD-RD

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jorgeSilva, Jul 25, 2008.

1. jorgeSilva macrumors newbie

I'm in desperate need of a DVD burner. Internal or External drive. I have a Mac G4 with OS X 10.4 but still have the original CD-R drive.

I searched online for Mac Retailers and/or Mac repair shops but found nothing in the Michiana Area. It can be a used or new drive. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

2. Forced Perfect macrumors 6502

Forced Perfect

Pretty much any DVD burner will work on your Mac if the burner is ATA (aka PATA, IDE - although it's technically ATAPI for those of you who care) and if needed, PatchBurn from www.patchburn.de

I'm quite fond of the Pioneer DVR-109, but they have newer models which are faster.

You can get a drive from any PC place. Macs and PCs use the same hardware (for the most part), but you might want to google the model number before buying to see if it'll work. Although PatchBurn works with every drive I've tried it on.

Leopard doesn't need PatchBurn. Support for many drives was added with 10.5.

3. cube macrumors G5

Look for a "Super Multi Drive", meaning that it also has DVD-RAM.
    You can use DVD-RAM as if it were a hard disk, just dragging and deleting stuff to/from it without any additional software or steps. It can also be overwritten about 100000 times, compared to 1000 for DVD-+RW, and 10000 for BD-RE.