Looking for a enw thumb drive

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by juliancs, May 9, 2010.

1. juliancs macrumors 6502

Hi folks,
    I need a new thumb drive. The one I have is a Sandisk micro cruzer. The main thing I hate about it is that it is so wide I cannot have anything in any usb ports next to it. It also has some built in software that comes up which is very annoying.

Can someone recommend a sturdy, and preferably very small thumb drive? I'm taking it two and from the studio every day. I would like 16GB and up, if possible, but will think about 8GB!

Cheers.

2. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

Just get one of these. I prefer the thumb drive.

Attached Files:

3. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Here ya go - Lacie iamakey

That's the 16GB - there's also 4, 8, and 32GB.

I have one and its the single most useful piece of small tech. I've ever owned. Its not terribly fast, but its not painfully slow, either - I always have it on my keyring and it NEVER gets in the way.

4. Morley7 macrumors member

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Voyag...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1273432586&sr=1-2

I have the 8 gb model of this. I got it probably 3-4 years ago; it's been through the wash and everything, and it still works like new. It sorta block the usb ports next to it. unless you push real hard to squeeze the rubber out of the way. However it comes with a little usb extension chord thats about 3 inches long which gets rid of that problem. Transfer speeds are also pretty fast. I know I will be buying another.

5. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Yeah, and the cap for it is about useless, too - I lost mine somewhere between pocket and key usage (door, car, etc.) within 2 days. But I've not had any issue with it, so I guess its OK. :)

6. chown33 macrumors 604

Get a microSDHC-to-USB adapter. Kingston is the brand I have, but there are plenty of others, in several sizes, colors, etc.. Amazon search terms: microsdhc usb.

I bought 3 adapters, and have several microsd cards. If one of the adapters gets munged, I have an immediate spare. If I need more space, I buy another microsdhc card.