Looking for a good all-in-one home office printer with air print

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Anthony81586, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Anthony81586 macrumors regular

So I'm in the midst of setting up my home office. I'm looking for a good all-in-one printer (aside from faxing) and has air print. There are so many options out there so I'm just reaching out to see what other people have experienced. A bonus would be to print photos as well but is not a necessity. Thanks!

2. bt22 macrumors 6502

The first AirPrint enabled printer i bought was an HP. Worst purchase I have ever made and do not plan on ever buying another HP product. Bought a Canon MG7120 just before Christmas 2013. Obviously have not had it long, but have really, really, really enjoyed it so far. Super easy setup, just connected to my wireless network and all Apple devices detected the printer. The HP was a huge PTA to setup and required me to physically connect a printer cable to my Mac Mini upon the initial setup. I would not recommend any HP printer, but others may. My 2 cents...

3. Anthony81586 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I currently have an HP and have similar problems. I saw those canon ones and I was unsure but thank you for the recommendation!

4. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

I have two HP printers and both use AirPrint just fine. My all in one is a Officejet 6600. $149 on sale and works like a champ. Setup was a breeze.

5. rex450se macrumors regular

I got a Brother MFC-J470DW for under $100 and I have been real happy with it so far. I have 3 Mac's and 2 PC's connected to it as well as 3 iPhones and an iPad and all have printed to it without problem.

Victor

6. JAT macrumors 603

Just pay the $20 or whatever for Printopia. Makes all printers "air".

7. Anthony81586 thread starter macrumors regular

@JAT if that was my only issue with my current printer that'd be fine, but unfortunately it's not.

Thanks for the different models on what you guys have. That's a huge help!

8. esskay macrumors 6502

Are you talking about inkjet or laser? I don't have much experience with inkjet but for laser I've been really impressed with Brother. The printers seem to be very reliable, very cheap especially if you wait for a sale, and just as importantly toner is available very cheap as they're a big aftermarket for it.

9. Anthony81586 thread starter macrumors regular

I was really considering the brother products. I ended up pulling the Epson WorkForce 3520. Got it for $120 at Staples and it seems like it'll cover my needs.

Thanks for the all the input everyone.