Looking for a good all-in-one printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by trevor.resar, Dec 5, 2008.

1. trevor.resar macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a decent all in one printer
    •color printer
    •scanner
    •slots for sd/external memory device etc.

I have been looking at the samsung scx 4500 solely on the desgin of it. I have very limited desk space and need something with a small foot print. The black body and blue touch sensor keys are also a plus on this model.
    But after doing some research, I have found that this is just a black and white printer, and it has some issues scanning for the leopard OS.

I'm looking heavily into graphic design, so scanning and color are a MUST.

Does anyone know of a sleek black or aluminum printer with the above specs?

Thanks,
    Trevor

2. cpt.iphone macrumors member

HP C4580 All-in-one

I just got a new iMac last weekend and I got an HP C4580 with it. It was very affordable, and works great! It doesn't take up too much space, and it has the memory card slots...and it works through your wifi network! I highly recommend. :)

3. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

I have a canon MP600R. Its not as sleek as you may like but it does all of your jobs wirelessly. Photo quality is pretty sweet too.

4. crashdau macrumors newbie

Seconded! The wireless piece of this printer makes it a great addition to a home network.

5. descartes macrumors 6502

I like the canon mp970 for an all in one. but there is no way you can call it sleek.

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

You really should check out the new Epson Artisan 800 which is pretty attractive. I just picked one of these up on sale for $229 at Staples to add to my stable of printers, and it is definitely a nice all in one. The touch screen panel in particular is nice because it only shows touch buttons of what is applicable to the function you are doing at the time, so makes short work of jobs. It does have card slots, cd/dvd printing, multisheet document feeder for copying and faxing (in color and b&w) and USB, WiFi or direct ethernet connection capability.

The only thing out of the box that I wished it had was duplex printing, but that can be added with a $29 duplexing option later.

Guess time will tell if I like this one as much as I did the RX680 it is replacing, but for now the answer is certainly yes!

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Looks like an awesome printer. Have you had any of these problems with it?

8. Bodine macrumors member

I have a Canon MP600. Although I would not call it sleek it meets you other criteria and the print quality is very good, imo.

9. cpt.iphone macrumors member

Not so far, I've only had it about a week. but it seems pretty solid thus far. i've done a rather large printing project where i've had to print about 75 dvd labels and envelopes for them, and with the exception of a couple envelopes getting jammed, it did a great job. it sounded like most those people having that problem were running the printer off of a PC, i don't know if that should make a huge difference (just one more reason to avoid PCs like the plague!) :apple: