Looking for a good Apple magazine

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jb60606, Jun 2, 2008.

1. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

Looking for the best mag for Apple enthusiasts, to stay on top of new techs and products.

What do you subscribe to? Any Suggestions?

P.S.
    I know there's no better source than other Apple enthusiasts, the internet and its abundance of free material. But I travel a lot and still appreciate unplugged reading material.

Thanks in advance.

2. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I subscribe to Macworld and MacUser. I feel Macworld is better and has more content but that is probably because it is a monthly magazine where as MacUser is a biweekly one. There is no point buying them for the news, it is always out of date if you check the internet regularly.

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

4. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I subscribe to Macworld. I read it cover to cover, and I think it is very informative and well-written. But, I have just switched, so I have a lot to learn. Idk if a seasoned Mac user would find it as informative as I.

I'm interested in what everyone else reads.

5. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

I get both Macworld and Mac|Life. I got the Mac|Life subscription on eBay for $9 for three years. :D

6. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I subscribe to an RSS feed of Mac Rumors. I guess that isn't a magazine but it's better for news.

7. blakintosh macrumors member

I read Macworld, has great reviews of apple hardware and cool & useful software.

Very cool magazine indeed ;)

8. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

9. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

I used to thoroughly enjoy MacAddict, as they had far more content and far less ads than any of their competition, but it has been a few years since I read ANY mac magazine, it looks like they've changed their name to MacLife.

http://www.maclife.com/the_magazine

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

I got macworld when I registered my mac a long time ago. It was only to be a six month subscription with the free deal, but for some reason, they've continued to send it to me for way more than those six months. Oh well, I can't complain. It's a good magazine and I would reccomend it.

11. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

I love Macworld! It is very informative and provides some great tips...

I don't know if I am allowed to post this, but Here is a free digital subscription to Macworld. It is totally legit and there is no need to lie about your fake business.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=833297

12. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

Mac Life... uh MacDirectory

Those are some alternatives. I don't subscribe to these but I do work at a newsstand.