Looking for a good bluetooth remote to use with new MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Kenzembo1, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good bluetooth remote for use with the new MacBook Air? I'm not looking for anything too fancy- just something to use to control Front Row, iTunes, iDVD, Keynote, etc. I thought about just using a standard Wii Remote but that might look odd if/when giving Keynote presentations lol. I also looked at the Targus for Mac bluetooth remote but it's a bit pricey at $70! I think they have them cheaper on Amazon but still...

What do you guys think? I'm sure many of you have found some very creative solutions :D

2. Apollo73 macrumors newbie

I wonder if you can use an iPod touch as the remote, with the apple remote app? Works with Apple TV. It might work with the Air.

3. Kenzembo1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I forgot to mention that- unfortunately, the wifi (wireless) here at school is really poor. Also, the network is pretty restricted, so I can't connect to the wireless with my iPhone and use it as a remote. I appreciate the suggestion though!

Does anyone else have another solution? It would be awesome if I had a remote device to control movies & music from my bed...especially when I have the occasional company.

4. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

5. Kenzembo1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I live on campus :rolleyes:

6. elwood58 macrumors member

Try counting to 10 before clicking the "Submit Reply" button. And while you are at it, reread what you are preparing to submit.